Hiking & cycling
- Riding your bicycle in Hoeselt is an entirely new experience, a unique mix of nature and culture, think about Tongeren or Alden Biesen, all within cycling distance. While on the road, you’ll meet pleasant places to stop, to picknick, a typical village, pub, a nice tavern, …
- The hiking network Hoeselt consists of several hiking areas. About 100m from our front door you can follow a few signposted walks in the area and within a distance of 10km of our B&B you find a lot of signposted walks.
Car – Motorcycle – Vespa – Electric golfcar
- If your not that keen on riding the bike or hiking but still want to get acquainted with the environment, no problem at all. Haspengouw offers 4 car- and motorroutes to show you the most beautiful places of our region. Since the weather can be a game breaker, these routes can prove to be a good alternative.
- you can rent your Vespa at Vespa Fun in Hoeselt and hit the road
- you can rent one of our electric golf cars to make a tour in the area
Culture & cities
- Hoeselt has, besides its beautiful sceneries, plenty of other attractions such as castles, churches, chapels and brewery Den Toetëlèr.
- Our B&B is located at a central distance from some historical and cultural attractions and cities such as:
- Tongeren, the oldest city of Belgium is only 7km away from De Fruithoeve. Aside from the many attractions that Tongeren has to offer, it also has a weekly antiques and flea market that takes place every Sunday morning.
- Bilzen and Alden Biesen are just 5km from Fruithoeve. Alden Biesen is Bilzen’s pride and an impressive set of castles where during the year a lot of cultural events are held.
- Borgloon with its steam syrup factory is less than 10km from Schalkhoven. In this huge complex you relive the ancient craft step by step.
- Maastricht offers lots of possibilities to visit and is easily reached, only 20km. a visit to Maastricht can vary from caves to churches, shops or just enjoy one of many cosy terraces.
- Hasselt, the city of the tasten has more to offer than just the jenever- and fashionmuseum. This town, only 20km away from Schalkhoven is the perfect place for shoppers. In the center of Hasselt you can find plenty of shops that will really spin your head around.
- St Truiden offers, aside from its fruit, a multitude of other things to discover and is only 25km away from the B&B.
- Luik, a city filled with history, culture and shops is also worth the visit.